Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sense & Sensibility....

I know...
But I can explain.

We have a stack of old video's in our house, and yes, Sense & Sensibility is one of them. I once bought it for 5 euro's in a cheap store close to my work, but never watched it. It was more a nostalgia thing, I'd seen it once in the past on TV, knew it was a classic, liked the actors, so bought it. Many many many years later, we decided to ditch all our video's and buy back the good ones as DVD. To truely judge what is (still) good, we decided to watch them all.
Now I'm home, my little girl is in bed, I'm re-platting my hair and can only listen to music or.... continue with our video project.
I'd already been surprised by what was staying and what was going.
I parted with Bad Boys (till then in my top 5 films because of some really goodlooking scenes that unfortunately now adays doesn't so much as make my heart skip a beat) and found that The Rock truely is a classic and worth having on DVD.
The Golden Child was great to watch again but not nesseccerily to posses on DVD, and The Lion King has every right to join the DVD collection, but not for the price that you have to pay for it these days. (second hand about 60 euro's....)
So I truely didn't know what to expect. Well.... it's kind of a Golden Child story, in fact, Eddie and 'brother Numspa' are far more entertaining than Hugie in S&S. He's terrible! Unbearibly soft, and has none of the charm he has in Bridget Jones Diary, About a Boy or Music and Lyrics)Thank God for Alan Rickman, who I've been in love with ever since Robin Hood, right up to Harry Potter (including the video clip with the Texas-girl, not including him as Snape).

Anyway, I enjoyed it.... don't need to see it again.
I'm more of Clueless girl (that my sweet little-known-facts-expert girlfirend pointed out to me, is based on Emma).
That film has remained in my top 5 for about 13 years now. I've seen it a gazilion times, can almost quote every line and, it's linked to memories of hilarious sleepovers, and my vocabulary slash dresscode at 16. It even inspired me to put all my clothes in the computer and combine them to 'set outfits'.
I wish I could say I'm less neurottic these days...
At least my vocab improved...
Can't remember the last time I said 'whatever'...
Yet, everytime I use the word 'sporadically', I flash back to the movie...
Or everytime I hear 'All By Myself'
Or see Brittany Murphy in any film...
Or watch Legally Blond...
Or....
...

No comments: