Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Back!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid I'll never be frequent, but....

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new year.....

So I'll try.

I HAVE THE COOLEST DAUGHTER ON EARTH....

Yes, I'm the typical mom, my daughter is the cutest, sweetest most adorable little angel ever...
Chances are, all I'll write about is her LOL.

But yes... I'm back at work, so in my break I have time to blog....
And so far I love being back... however, leaving the house for the first time after D was born was the weirdest. I truely felt like the world had changed. Everyone was odd. And manouvering among 'the living' with a buggy in front of me was scary! Certainly if she'd start to whine.

I'm over that now. I'd love to say that everything is back in balance, but it isn't.
Nothing is more comfronting to your character and life style than having a kid.
It starts when you're pregnant... you change!
I look back at my last blog & think... Who Was That???
The crunchy sound of sand makes you want to eat it????.............. Right......
So most of that is back to normal. I'm back to my old size (with a slightly bigger belly). I have no longings for sand, salt or Rennie for that matter, but one thing stuck....
I still speak my mind.... Frequently.... That little bit of subtleness I was hoping to get back after pregnance has evaporated. I'm not rude, in fact I'm still very polite, but, its more like 'when something buggs me, someone's going to hear about it'...
Life is too short to keep it all in, and some people just take too many liberties.
(b.t.w. this computer has no spelling check on it, so forgive me if you find a gazillion mistakes)

Funnily enough while I was being blunt and quarrelsome during my 9 months, lots of friends and family pointed out that they actually liked this version more.... It was more, well ballanced.
However, I still feel far from ballanced.
It's like you are forced to be 'more real' and closer to your feelings when you have a kid.
I had forgotten how riggid I could be, or how emotional ... I'd tucked al that away, but I'm so passionate about my kid that I've become more passionate about my life, myself & everybody else. You become very protective of your 'happy home', your kid, your man, & yourself.
I don't know to what degree that effects my surroundings, but another thing I've got is: It's ok.
No need to stress or worry about those things....
I guess some of my hubby's 'Leo'-ness is rubbing off... He worries very little about the thoughts of people around him, and yet he's the sweetest guy I know. So not worrying about those things doesn't nesseccerily make you 'less of a beautiful person' it just makes you more human & more real.

Oeh... breaks over, gotta go...

1 comment:

Sophie said...

so how do you like being a mother, then? :-)
i know i always said "it's great!" the first year, when really i didn't know what hit me, and i didn't really get into the groove until she was about two! :-)
xxx