Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A month later...

.... never did mention if the bread was good.
(It was!!!!)
I didn't make 6 loves, just 2, and it was really good.
Really filling too.

It was my intention to repeat this bread-making success last Sunday at Billekens-Fennema Residence, as I had been informed that there's a pretty good bread baker there.
But when I got to the Hague (don't ask how, the trip was disastrous), and had settled a little (changed diaper, fed hungry baby and had a cup of tea), we decided that a stroll to the private Billekens-Fennema Garden Complex was a better idea.
(Why bake bread when you can relax in the sun & watch friends plant carrots & onions & clean out weed & such).
It was perfect. The garden is bigger than I imagined, and filled with all kind of plants & flowers & strawberries to be (wild & tamed). There was even a plant that smelt like Maggie (the weirdest, never heard of it before).
There's still lots to be planted & maintained & grown, but it looks 'lived in'. Like a home you've just moved into, you're still working on, but already feels cozy.
We (Deyora & I) enjoyed watching them (Bart, SophieB & Liels) work away while we sat in the shade, humming & relaxing.

As much as I'd like to bake bread there one day, I really look forward to spending an afternoon in their garden again.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

you're welcome there whenever you can manage it! it was lovely to have you and dee there, too. :-)

Bart said...

true
xx