Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Short Version

Yesterday,

My Hubby was in a fight and now has a blue eye.

I visited the church of my youth for the last time, as it will be broken down one of these days.
I went back in time, cried my eyes out, re-connected so closely with the people that have know me all my younger years, that it became clear to me, that those people are my family.

Re-embraced my oldest friendship (with Jessie). Cried and talked about the loss of Joyce
(her twin sister; a girl that could imitate any riff Mariah Carey sang and on the same key; The first person I ever sang my own songs with; With whom I never really past the 'barbie-faze' even when we were older....; With whom I always sang 'One Sweet Day' everytime we were in a 'singing mood' (always)....; ironic, if you consider the lyrics...)
In fact, thinking about Joyce & Jessie took up the rest of my evening till I went to bed...

It really is a strange feeling to lose someone that you would still want to have so many talks with. To not know for sure if she was happy, living the life she did...
The should have-could have-would have's play in my mind everytime I think of her.
I'm not gonna let my friendship with Jessie slip away too... Life really is to short.
And beautiful people are too precious...

No comments: