Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Year Zero

I'm reading this dutch book called 'De Maya-profetieen' by Wiek Lenssen.
He made a 'film' called 'The Year Zero' and this book explains all that happened before, during and after.

I borrowed this book from a friend of mine (Mark) and wanted a copy for myself, and one for a friend (Bart). But while reading it I started to doubt if i wanted to pass this on to anyone.
So much seemed like such hogwash... Now I must say that all the hogwash was in relation to one character in the book. But as he dominates a great part of the book, it's hard to read past it. The writer however sounds a lot more sincere, and when he reflects on his own thoughts and not on the 'teachings' of his 'friend' he feels right. If this was a fiction book, I'd think from moment one that this 'friend' is 'the wolf in sheeps clothing' and not to be trusted... but it's not fiction... so I'm not sure how everything will unfold.
Now that I've read about 2/5 of the book I think it might be a keeper. The writer is reflecting on truth. He shares his thoughts about reality and how we see reality through our own eyes, making it our reality. He even broke it down to quantumphysics, (that's when I decided it was a keeper).
If you break down atoms to the smallest visible elements: the quarks, then you find that the way they act is totally dependent on the observer.
So each person creates what they see. This explains how I can see A, and proof of A in the world, while you clearly see B and proof of B in the world....
I've been playing with that thought for a while now, so finding it in this book, is a sign for me to keep on reading....
I'll let you know when I've finished it.

No comments: