Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Something in the air...

Someone once told me that there are organizations that deliberately pollute our air...
I didn't know what to think of that statement at the time, and now still don't know.
It wouldn't surprise me, but it's the kind of thing you don't really what to think about.

It would make sense, a lot of money must be earned of people that are ill. All the medicines going around are making some people lots of money. I'm sure a very big part of the economy if not the complete economy as we know it now would crumble if we were all healthy people (both physically and mentally). So it's not in the best interest of 'those who govern' (infront of or behind the scenes) that we are healthy. I'm just speculating here. Why else are all 'healthy' products so much more expensive than fast food, or the regular quality-less food you find in your average supermarket.

I think that most of the time when the choice should be made between healthy vs. easy, easy is chosen. I just wonder how much (moral) we've lost in this ongoing process.
Now that more and more people want to go back to the healthy option, THAT is making lots of money, cause health is expensive, but those who want to be healthy again are willing to pay.

There's so much on the matter I haven't touched yet.
I always feel that way once I start thinking about our society...
It's a never ending thriller story, with sooo many secrets and scandals it would make crappy soaps look good.
There's no way I can find out everything, or even scratch the surface in a lifetime.
But now and then, when I feel a little uneasy in my skin, and people around me say the same thing, and my head feels a little heavy...
I wonder...

2 comments:

Sophie said...

you should read 'the constant gardener' by john le carre. all about pharmaceutical companies and their less-than-humane practices. :-)
it was an eye opener for me.

Bart said...

Aan de andere kant, waar focus je je op? Ik denk dat hoe je in je vel zit een groot effect heeft op wat je tegenkomt. Nou geef ik toe dat ik ook niet altijd lekker in mijn vel zit, en ik weet zeker dat er een hoop gebeurt wat ik niet weet.
Misschien zijn de Illuminatie wel de echte shareholders van McDonalds en Bayern of hoe die medicijnfabrikant ook heet, en misschien zorgen zij wel ervoor dat er stoffen in de kerosine zitten die verantwoordelijk zijn voor die chem-trails........
Ik ga daar waarschijnlijk nooit achter komen. Liever draag ik mijn steentje bij aan een mooiere omgeving, in het contact met de mensen die ik ontmoet. Het is misschien niet veel, maar dat is wat ik wel kan.